Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11th

While most (including me) today reflect on the day in 2001, I also remember my baby H who I miscarried this day in 2003.  This was a difficult year for me though it marked the year that the Lord was calling me closer to him as an adult. In March of that year, I had lost my first born and only son to an accident at birth.  This was very heartbreaking and trying for many weeks and months - even years to come.  I struggled also with my faith and wondered if I ever would have a living child of my own.  I was already raising my husband's son A who calls me mom.  But I longed for a baby.  Since then, I have been blessed with three beautiful girls, all three under five years old.

My heart has been a little heavier this week as Baby H's day approached and how inevitably it raises feelings about both of my babies in heaven.  But I choose today to rejoice in that I have two additional children to know for all eternity when I pass into the other world.  I have come to believe that heaven will more than make up for what I have lost here on earth with my children who are not with me.  What a consolation!  Perhaps they will each be the baby, the child, and the adult I never knew when I am with them again.  More importantly I will be with them amongst the communion of Saints praising God and in union with Him.